2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Position: Case Manager
Supervised by: Manager of Case Management Services
Salary: Based on Qualifications and Benefits
The Case Manager will coordinate services to assist persons with brain injury to maintain their highest level of independence in community living by providing person centered planning. This will include supporting the consumer's choices and preferences through assessments, identifying resources available, empowering personal responsibility, advocating for services needed, accessing funding sources (waiver and non-waiver) for medical, social and educational needs, and monitoring the plan of care to ensure the safety and health of the consumer.
Provide case management to individuals on Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) and Brain Injury (BI) Waivers
- Raise awareness and enhance the quality of life for all people affected by brain injury
- Responsible to provide case management services for county contracts
- Promote education of brain injury to consumers, families, providers and communities
- Service Provision
- Coordinate the referral of new consumers. Contact consumer and/or legal guardian/conservator within five working days of referral and schedule a visit with the consumer within 10 working days of the date of referral.
- Conduct consumer visit for semi-annuals and annual reassessments on the scheduled date
- Provide the consumer an orientation to his/her CADI/BI waiver services.
- Ensure the consumer's right to privacy and appropriate confidentiality when information about the consumer is released to others.
- Discuss with consumer his/her desires and needs, strengths and areas of limitations, and explore service options. Assist the consumer and any team members in making informed choices of service options and providers.
- Arrange, coordinate, monitor, evaluate and advocate for multiple services to meet the specific consumer's complex needs.
- Document all actions related to case management coordination for the consumer. This includes all face-to-face and indirect interactions or written correspondence with the consumer, potential providers of service, county and the Alliance personnel. Documentation will reflect that active and consistent activity is taking place in an effort to support the consumer's plan.
- Utilize county and state procedures, while involving the consumer in all phases of case management planning, with a person centered approach.
- Maintain professional communication channels with all parties necessary to meet the needs of the consumer.
- Monitor and coordinate implementation and service delivery assuring that provider's services are consistent with all aspects of the consumer's plan of care.
- Work with the consumer in coordinating and assisting with referrals to providers of medical, social, financial, housing and other related services and supports.
- Supply each service provider a copy of the person's plan of care and assure provider's understanding of that plan.
- Coordinate with and provide assistance to all team members involved in any transition to ensure a smooth transition for the consumer.
- Assist Director and Manager as requested with the completion of outcome reports for counties.
- Assist with and complete chart audits and follow ups for quality assurance to ensure consumer's files are complete, accurate and meet state, county and the Alliance requirements.
- Utilize support staff, (i.e. case aide) as directed by Management.
- Whenever a consumer has a change in their community status, complete the applicable forms and submit it to the billing team and/or county personnel.
- Maintain billable time of 6.75 hours out of an 8 hour work day or as directed by Manager of Case Management Services.
- Obtain necessary CEU’s to maintain professional licensure status.
- Attend Case Management team meetings, 1:1 supervision meetings with Manager of Case Management Services, County meetings, and the Alliance meetings and trainings.
- Treat colleagues with courtesy and respect and strive to enhance inter-professional, intra-professional, and interagency cooperation on behalf of the consumer.
- Perform other assignments, as needed, under the direction of the Manager of Case Management Services and Associate Director of Services and/or host county officials.
- Participation in the Alliance annual events to include conferences and Walk for Thought.
Must have own transportation to carry out job duties and responsibilities. The Case Manager is reimbursed for expenses incurred according to the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance.
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college with a major in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely related field; or a graduate from an accredited four-year college with a major in any field and one year experience as a social worker in a public or private social service agency.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent record keeping and report writing abilities.
- Car/travel required. Must have a valid driver's license. Be able to drive own vehicle to perform job duties.
- Must pass the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension background check.
- An employee will be excluded from performing as a Case Manager if he/she fails to maintain the required professional licensing requirements, a valid driver's license, and an acceptable driving record.
The position requires a professional whose background is characterized by initiative and achievement. Candidates should possess strong leadership skills and the ability to network and collaborate with a variety of people. Candidates must have strong people skills, a strong sense of professionalism, and a team approach to achieving the mission of the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance. Experience working in Adult Foster Care, Independent Living Skills (ILS), ARMHS, or supported employment is a plus
Send current résumé and three references with contact information to: Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance, 2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200, Roseville, MN 55113. Search will close when a suitable candidate is found. Equal Opportunity Employer.