2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2017 Consumer and Family Conference
Consumer and Family Conference
Journey to Wellness: Body. Balance. Being.
Saturday, June 3
1 to 4 p.m.
New Life Presbyterian Church
965 Larpenteur Ave W, Roseville, Minnesota
This free conference is an opportunity for individuals with brain injury, family members and loved ones to participate in workshops and sessions that focus on innovations in the world of brain injury care, therapy and rehabilitation.
- 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. – Attendee Registration, time with vendors
- 1:00 - 1:30 p.m. – "Public Policy Updates", Public Policy Department, Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. – Supporting Best Adjustment to Living Life with a Traumatic Brain Injury, Janis Carey Wack, Referral and BI Support Specialist, REM Minnesota
Each person's definition of quality of life is highly personal. Following brain injury, individuals and those that support them can focus on achieving that "personal best" with a variety of positive, person centered approaches. This presentation discusses ideas for moving forward.
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. – Break and Time with Vendors
- 2:45 - 3:45 p.m. – "Bang Your Head": A Mother and Daughters' journey through Brain Injury, Mandy and Kayla Meyer
Mandy and Kayla share their journey of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury due to concussion. At the age of 12 Kayla was diagnosed with MTBI. Now seven years later with Kayla in college both mother and daughter will tell their story and strategies that may help at home, school, college and life. Share with them the inspiration that comes when a family bands together and reaches out for help.
- 3:45 - 4:00 p.m. – Break - Time with Vendors
There is no cost for this conference. To register, please call our offices at 612-378-2742 or 800-669-6442 by May 26. Any requests for reasonable accommodations must be received by May 15.
Presented with support from Hennepin County Medical Center.