2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Walk for Thought
Thank you for being a Team Captain for this year's Walk for Thought. A Team Captain holds the reigns of the team and helps lead the fundraising efforts. Below are some tips and fundraising ideas for your team, as well as information for the day of the Walk.
Please note: online registrations is now closed. You may still register by calling the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance at 1-800-669-6442, 612-378-2742, or can be made the day of the Walk.
Managing Your Team
- Set ambitious fundraising goals for your team.
- Make your team's first pledge your own - it's easier to ask for donations when you've donated first!
- Send family members, friends, coworkers and neighbors e-mails directly from your Team Page, and make sure you tell them about the $1,000 Team Challenge!
- Maintain communication with your Team Members by e-mail, phone, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This will help keep everyone updated on the progress of the team as you work towards your fundraising goal.
Take the Challenge
This year, honor those with brain injury by taking the $1,000 Team Challenge! If just 200 teams raise $1,000 each, the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance will raise $200,000, which will help provide support services, community outreach, education programs such as brain injury basics and youth sports concussion training, and citizen advocate programs and awareness activities.
Taking the challenge is easy:
- Recruit nine people to walk with you for a total of 10 team walkers
- Have each walker donate $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a family member for $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a friend for $25 for a total of $250
- Have each walker ask a coworker for $25 for a total of $250
Team total: $1,000!
Tell Your Employer
If you, or someone you care about, has been affected by brain injury, be sure to tell your employer about the Walk for Thought and how much yo need their support. This often motivates companies to give money when they otherwise would not. Many corporations will make financial contributions to causes such as the Walk for Thought when their employees, spouse or significant others are involved.
Your company may wish to sponsor your team. Ask them to give $250 for 10 walkers! Your company also may have a program set up to match their employees' charitable donations. This can be a great source of often overlooked funds. Usually, your employer provides a simple form for you and the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance to fill out. As soon as you complete the form with the information requested and return it to your employer, the money matching your own contribution will be on the way!
On the Day of the Walk: Saturday, September 17, 2016
To help you, your team and others, here are a few tips for the day of the Walk:
- Prior to the Walk, let your team know where everyone will be meeting.
- Beginning at 9 a.m., registration will open at each of our locations. Check in at the registration area when you arrive. ONLY TEAM CAPTAINS need to come to the registration area.
- Bring the envelopes and T-shirts you receive at check-in to your team's meeting spot.
- Hand out T-shirts to your team and collect donations to put into the envelope provided.
- Bring your envelope with all of your collected donations to the registration area.
- Enjoy the pre-Walk events taking place at each location, starting about 9:45 a.m.
Find out more!
Explore the links below for more information about the Walk for Thought.
Check out the following for more information about the Walk for Thought:
- Team Captain Information
- Contribute to the Walk for Thought
- About the Walk for Thought
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Walk for Thought and information about registration
- Fundraising Ideas - Take the Team Challenge!
- Walk for Thought Poster
- Walk for Thought Registration Brochure
- Walk for Thought Registration Form
- Walk for Thought Team Registration Form
- Walk for Thought Donation Form
- Directions to Duluth Walk for Thought
- Directions to Rochester Walk for Thought
- Directions to Saint Cloud Walk for Thought
- Directions to Twin Cities Walk for Thought
- Team Captain Packet for Duluth
- Team Captain Packet for Rochester
- Team Captain Packet for Saint Cloud
- Team Captain Packet for Twin Cities