2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Brain Injury Awareness Month
What is Brain Injury Awareness Month? It is what we, as a community, make it. During the month of March, we can make a deliberate choice to engage our community and spread awareness about brain injury. We can take the 31 days of March and celebrate the journey. We can recognize all of the obstacles people have overcome, we can recognize the losses people have experience and we can work towards creating better support and communities for people with brain injury.
This March, the heart of our awareness campaign is addressing and confronting assumptions people make about those individuals living with brain injury. Whether people presume to know the limitations of those who visibly demonstrate signs of a brain injury without consideration of their abilities, gifts, and talents or they presume that those who do not have visible, outward signs of a brain injury have no limitations, confronting those assumptions is necessary to enhance the quality of life and bring the promise of a better tomorrow for all people affected by brain injury.
You can help in a number of ways:
- Talk to friends and family about brain injury.
- Invite a member of the Speakers Bureau to present to your group. For more information, contact Anna at 612-378-2742, 800-669-6442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer with the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance.
- Participate in Tuesdays at the Capitol.
- Like the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Share Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance posts on your own Facebook page.
- Use Goodsearch as your search engine for the month of March. After selecting the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance as your cause, begin searching the internet through Goodsearch. Goodsearch will donate a penny for each search you make through its search engine.
- Donate to the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance. Ninety-one cents of every dollar you donate supports our programs that serve individuals affected by brain injury, including our Multicultural Outreach Program, our Citizen Advocate Academy, our Speakers Bureau, and our Education Programs.
- Learn more about brain injury causes and effects.
- Stay informed by signing up to receive more information about brain injury and support services.