2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Brain Injury Awareness Month
What is Brain Injury Awareness Month? It is what we, as a community, make it. During the month of March, we can make a deliberate choice to engage our community and spread awareness about brain injury. We can take the 31 days of March and celebrate the journey. We can recognize all of the obstacles people have overcome, we can recognize the losses people have experience and we can work towards creating better support and communities for people with brain injury.
This March, as you gather with friends and family, we would like everyone to think about their strengths. We all have strengths. Things we’re good at. They may not be the same strengths we had before a brain injury or they may be strengths we simply didn’t know we had. But, they are there. So, what have you discovered about yourself? How has brain injury challenged you - as a caregiver, partner, professional - and helped you dig down and find abilities and talents you never knew you had?
You can help in a number of ways:
- Talk to friends and family about brain injury.
- Invite a member of the Speakers Bureau to present to your group. For more information, contact Nancy at 612-378-2742, 800-669-6442 or email email@example.com.
- Volunteer with the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance.
- Participate in Tuesdays at the Capitol.
- Join in the discussion about strengths this March on our Facebook page. It's always a lively forum and new people and input help our online community grow.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Use Goodsearch as your search engine for the month of March. After selecting the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance as your cause, begin searching the internet through Goodsearch. Goodsearch will donate a penny for each search you make through its search engine.
- Donate to the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance. Ninety-one cents of every dollar you donate supports our programs that serve individuals affected by brain injury, including our Multicultural Outreach Program, our Citizen Advocate Academy, our Speakers Bureau, and our Education Programs.
- Learn more about brain injury causes and effects.
- Stay informed by signing up to receive more information about brain injury and support services.