2277 Highway 36 West, Suite 200 Roseville, MN 55113-3830
Toll Free: 1-800-669-6442
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Brain Injury Awareness Month
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, which means that you'll be hearing the statistic that 100,000 Minnesotans live with a disability due to brain injury. It's a sobering number. It means we're all part of a very large community. But, it can also be an isolating number. Because what is one person amidst 100,000? That's such a small percentage. It seems, on the outside, insignificant. A drop in the ocean.
But, your drop in the water makes a ripple and that ripple is no smaller than anyone else's. And, as it expands outward, it grows. And, anyone in its path cannot help but be touched. And, affected.
This March, the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance is joining United States Brain Injury Alliance (USBIA) and its affiliates in encouraging individuals and families affected by brain injury to share their stories using #TBIaffectedme. You can particpate in Brain Injury Awareness Month in a number of ways:
- Talk to friends and family about brain injury.
- Invite a member of the Speakers Bureau to present to your group. For more information, contact Nancy at 612-378-2742, 800-669-6442 or email email@example.com.
- Volunteer with the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance.
- Become a Citizen Advocate.
- Join in the discussion about strengths this March on our Facebook page. It's always a lively forum and new people and input help our online community grow.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Use Goodsearch as your search engine for the month of March. Goodsearch will donate a penny for each search you make through its search engine.
- Donate to the Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance.
- Learn more about brain injury causes and effects.
- Stay informed by signing up to receive more information about brain injury and support services.
Brain injury touches lives. This March, share your personal story of brain injury with someone close to you. Your one little drop can touch hundreds of lives. You can make a difference.